blu-3 was a principal contractor on this project consisting of new build mixed use development; including retail, hotel, residential and Student village.
Project Challenges & Solutions:
- Installation of 3 sustainable drainage systems, totalling 252 cubic metres as an alternative to the traditional approach of collecting storm water in pipes and discharging into treatment works or watercourses to reduce likelihood of downstream flooding
- In addition blu-3 installed a 225ø anti flood valve and a Flow control 2 manholes upstream.
- As principal Contractor blu-3 had to coordinate works with adjacent developers, utility companies and the close neighbours.
- blu-3 held weekly coordination meeting to ensure the project ran smoothly and safely.
- Installation of all foul water and surface water drainage – pipework varying from 110ø Osma (plastic) up to 450ø Twinwall
- Installation of all storm control sewers & 23 man holes average depth 2.7m
- Installation of 3 attenuation tanks
- Utiliity excavations and reinstatement – site-wide services incl. gas, water, electric
- Design & build of utilities to adoptable standards
- Off site infrastructure works
- Road construction up to base course